Library Fact Sheets
705TH TRAINING SQUADRON|
Printable Fact Sheet
The 705th Training Squadron at Hurlburt Field, Fla., is part of the 505th Training Group under the 505th Command and Control Wing. The unit serves as the focal point for advanced AOC training and Command and Control process improvement.
The Squadron exists to educate and train AOC senior leaders and staffs of Combatant and Numbered Air Force Commanders, joint and allied partners. We improve and standardize C2 processes through development of Operational-level Techniques and Procedures for the Joint and Coalition warfighters.
The 705th Training Squadron's mission is to conduct advanced academic training, education and mentorship to enhance operational-level air, space, and cyberspace C2 for joint and coalition warfighters; improve C2 processes through cradle-to-grave development of Operational-level Techniques and Procedures.
- In-Residence Senior Leadership Courses. A variety of advanced academic courses provide in-depth instruction focusing on the AOC and the various processes that are utilized to command and control air and space combat forces at the operational-level of warfare. Additionally, senior officers from the DoD and selected Coalition/Allied nations receive training for leadership duties within an AOC.
- Exercise Support. As part of the CSAF's Operational Command Training Program, functional experts attend exercises and participate in experiments and contingency operations where they provide academic instruction and training assistance related to AOC operations.
- Operational Warfighter/Coal Warfighter (OW/CW). A CSAF directed program that provides operational Tactics, Techniques and Procedures to Air Force Component Commanders and their staffs at the operational-level. In concert with Headquarters Air Force, the unit hosts OW/CW conferences every Fall to discuss process improvement; update warfighters on the OW/CW application into real-world operations; and, review the CSAF's OW/CW Roadmap.
- Operational-level Lessons Learned. In coordination with Headquarters Air Force (A9L), Air Combat Command (A9L) and the A9s of the various Combatant and Numbered Air Forces, the unit collects, processes, analyzes, and publishes validated operational-level lessons learned.
- Operational Community of Practice (OpCoP). The unit maintains an AFKN Web site, located at https://afkm.wpafb.af.mil/ASPs/CoP/OpenCoP.asp?Filter=AC-OP-02-55 dedicated to examining all aspects of the AOC and the operational-level of warfare. Registered users are encouraged to download and upload products to this ever-growing repository of operational-level of warfare information.
- AOC Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures. In addition to executing the Model Manager responsibilities for, AFTTP 3-3.AOC, the unit integrates OCTP, operational-level lessons learned, and field inputs to process, develop, and publish AOC Tactics, Techniques and Procedures and Operational Techniques and Procedures. When published, this information is integrated into appropriate AOC academic courseware.
Point of Contact
505th Command and Control Wing Public Affairs; 138 Hartson St., Hurlburt Field FL 32544-5231, DSN: 579-6512, COM: (850) 884-6512. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Current as of April 2009)